When you start creating your blog, the most logical thing to do is to opt for a free blog system. There are many web design tools available to launch a blog, although the most common are two: WordPress and Blogger (also called blogspot). They seem very similar and it depends for whom the differences are more or less noticeable. Here we tell you what are the advantages of WordPress over Blogger and vice versa.
WordPress is a CMS (content manager) open source and free, we can install it on our private hosting, the platform is free to download and updates are also free. There is another, even cheaper version, which is the one that is self-hosted on a server and with or without its own domain, we know it as WordPress.org.
- best aesthetics: With Blogger you can get a beautiful and professional design but the possibility that the WordPress platform gives us in terms of the number of templates available (both free and paid) is unbeatable. With a bit of CSS, style sheets, or plugins like Virtual Composer, you can customize your template until it's unique. If you opt for a WordPress installation on your own domain, I recommend you take a look at the different premium templates that exist for WordPress, with good designs in this list.
- SEO: (search engine optimization) Having an optimized website is the first step to position yourself correctly and the ease of optimizing images with WordPress, with the alt and title tags, in front of blogger, which to perform the same option, it is necessary to edit in html, we already forces to opt for WP. Although we can work and edit HTML files with both, in practice it is more cumbersome Blogger.
With Blogger we have the advantage that belongs to Google and that always makes our way a little easier, although I don't know how far enough to choose it.
- Simplicity: The way to publish articles and upload photos to blogger is quite simple and not to mention the integration it has with Youtube or GoogleMaps among others.
- Larger space: According to Blogger the space is unlimited while in WordPress it is 3 GB
- If you are going to create a blog or website for your company and you need something more professional: I would opt for WordPress without hesitation.
- If you want a simple blog, to write a blog or just for a hobby, I recommend Blogger.
Both options are fine, but each one is better than the other on different points, which one would you stay with?